Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Double Digits at last!!!!

Today Gabe turned 10!!!! My baby is a big boy. Ok, so according to Lura, he hasn't been a baby for years. He has had a good few days of celebrating. I just can't believe it has been so long. If I could I would post pictures of the day he was born. Lura was the back up coach. When I can post pictures again I will do a post about his birth. It was quite an adventure!

This morning we let Gabe pick out what he wanted for breakfast. He chose donuts. Okayed by all but Luke. Luke chose to have a temper tantrum instead. From 8 oclock until almost nine he screamed and threw his shoes at me in the van. What a child. When we got to school to drop them off Caitlin and Johnny got out okay, Luke laid in the parking lot kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs. Everyone outside was staring at us. Sean took the other two in and put Luke back in the van so we could take him with us to drop Gabe off. He screamed across town while we dropped Gabe off. When we were pulling into Gabe's school the cell phone rang. It was Amy telling me that my niece Scarlett had wet her pants and could I PLEASE bring her some clothes. So we ran to my mom's, down the street, and grabbed clean clothes, ran back to school so I could run Scarlett's clothes in - Luke was screaming the entire time. We got Scarlett taken care of and had to go back across town to take Luke, now tardy and screaming to school. We finally got him settled down and Sean took him in. When they got to the classroom his teacher came out in the hall to talk to Sean. (She is aware of our discipline troubles) and when she asked Luke to come out he wouldn't. So she went back in and took his hand to walk him out and he dropped to the floor. So the teacher half carried, half dragged Luke who had started screaming again out into the hall to talk with her. When Sean left he had finally calmed down and stayed on green all day.
That was how my day started. Fun, huh?!
Have a good night.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Gabe! I hope you have a great day.

I feel for you and Luke's tantrums. I hope things get better.

Cheryl said...

WOW, happy birthday Gabe! sorry your day didn't start out so well. i hope it got better.

Unknown said...

Nice to know that other children behave like mine! When things calm down he will be fine...and so will you. Happy Birthday Gabe! Do a birth post even if you can't do pictures right away, that event was worth the post.

Crystal said...

ahh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABEY BABY!!! I mean big boy!!! ha

Wow, I hope Luke get's better soon........poor guy and poor parents and teacher! I'm sure it will get better at some point.

Lura said...

You make this Lura girl sound horrible. Happy Birthday Gabe! I loved every minute of your birth and feel so priviledged that I got to be there. I was not the same person when I walked out of the hospital that I was when I walked in.

MissSonya said...

wow, lura sounds terrible..drop her like a hot potato girlfriend.

Happy belated birthday gabe