Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday you can fall apart...

I couldn't think of any other song lyrics for Monday except those. Today was a good day for the most part. I took Gabe, the triplets and my nieces Carmen and Scarlett to Kellie's house. We played, swam in the pool, had lunch and tortured the dogs. Apparently one of the trio used Hot Pink chalk and colored one of the pug's bottoms. I think that we will still be allowed to go over and play, but I am not sure.
When we got home the kids played outside while I got dinner ready and Sean mowed. They had fun in the sandbox and I think most of it stayed in the box too! After dinner we ran a few errands and the kids went to sleep between 8:30 and 9:30. I was hoping they would drop off around 7:30. I was dreaming! Sean and I are running on only about 3 1/2 hrs. of sleep, so we are pretty tired.
Gabe is feeling much better today. He sounds congested, but is breathing just fine. Praise the Lord! Tomorrow I have the first of my dr.'s appts. this week. Yippee. I am nervous, I think moreso that they will tell me that there is nothing they can do. I want this taken care of once and for all!!! I don't want another year of surgeries!!!!!! I think they just like me, so they drag things out.
I got great stickers in the mail Saturday...Thanks Char!!!! The trio loved the Clifford stickers. My therapist didn't return my call to reschedule. I am sure she knows I start to get paranoid wondering if she wants to drop me as a patient. I think she enjoys torturing me. Maybe I should check her credentials next time I am there....if I get to go back! She owes me a sticker.
My mom's watercolor won a blue ribbon and Best of Show in the fair today! My cross stitch has been judged...we'll see what happens. This was another try of stepping out of my comfort zone. I don't care if I win, I'd like to, but I put myself out there to be judged and face rejection. This is a big step for me. Kind of like my statements.
Well, I am going to post this and go to bed...Have a great night everybody! Sleep well!!!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

ha ha you crack me up! I will be praying for you and praying that the docs finally figure out what the problem is and can fix it quickly!! I also pray that you had a good nights sleep last night. Please keep us posted. I will call you today.....love ya!

Char said...

I hope you find out good news from your doctor today!!
It sounds like you had a nice day yesterday. That's good.
Wow, that's great that you put something in the fair! Go Amanda! Congrats to your mom too for getting a blue ribbon.

Carrie said...

Do you really see a therapist?

SamandSawyersMom said...

praying for you too.
sounds like a fun night

Cheryl said...

Yeah, MOM!!! Congrats. Oh I hope you win. That would be so cool. Good for you for trying. Hope the dr appt went well. Keep us posted.