Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Life....

So Sunday night we put the kids to bed and about 40 minutes later Luke woke up burning hot! He wasn't when he went to bed. He threw up a few times and had an incredibly restless night. We gave him tylenol every 4 hours and he never cooled off. The next morning he woke up and threw up bile. He wasn't keeping anything down and his tempwas still over 104 so I called the dr.. We got in at 8:00 last night. Luke always runs high fevers when he gets them so although I was worried I wasn't panicky (too much). His fever broke about 7:15 and by the time we got to the dr.'s it was 100.2. His right eye was blood red and the left was tinged red. So he got drops for those. When we got home his temp was climbing again, so we continued with tylenol and motrin every 3 hours through the night and he still didn't sleep well. He threw up several times during the night and by morning wasn't even keeping water down. So I called the dr. again and he wanted to see him right away. He had lost 13 oz. since the night before and his eyes were bloodier from the force of vomiting. So we got a suppository to settle his tummy, his fever was gone, and we go back tomorrow. Thankfully he has kept things down. The dr. said that if he didn't keep water down we were going to have to admit him to the hospital. Praise the Lord he is doing much better. It was a scary 2 nights and I am hoping he sleeps well tonight. He even went out to play in the new sandbox this afternoon!
I am having major troubles with my belly and Sean wants me to call the dr. tomorrow and tell them the swelling and pain are much worse. I am just tired of it all!!!!! Think they could do a tummy transplant?
Other than that, I have no new news. Oh...Will almost got married twice on Fresh Prince yesterday morning at 2:30 and again at 4. Last night Dan and his father had difficulties and Murphy Brown was discovered to have a bit of a slutty past. That is what happened in Nick at Nite world.

Statement for the day...I don't think it is okay to eat grapes at the supermarket before you pay when they are sold by weight.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should call the doctor too! I am so glad Luke is on the mend...now we just have to get his mama there.

kellerie said...

i fully agree about the grapes. and candy from the bulk bins. you should definitely pay first. :)

i hope you all have a better day tomorrow - especially so you can go to the movies with robyn and me!

Cheryl said...

About the grapes, I agree and you should always wash them first.

I am so glad Luke is feeling better, what caused it? I hope he is all better.

CALL THE DOCTOR...you can mess around with stuff like that, call the dr and get it taken care of. It could be something simple to take care of, or it could be serious if not taken care of, you have 4 babies counting on you and a whole lot of blog friends.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I hope your baby is feeling better.

I know how you feel about being tired of dealing with an ailment (can you say..nerve pain?) but the truth is when it is painful, it is painful. Not to mention, it could be serious. Get it taken care of so you are not there longer than you have to be. Praying for ya!!!!

Carrie said...

I used to steal grapes! When I would go to the grocery with my parents when nobody was looking I would go to the grapes and steal a couple of them.

How scary for you with Luke. I am glad to hear he is doing better.

Crystal said...

I'm so glad Luke is feeling better!

Let us know what your doc says......I am praying for you like crazy!!! I hate that you are in so much pain!

I agree about the grapes and I feel they need to be washed first anyway before eaten!