Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm just a postin fool......

Two in one day. It must be the new meds! :)
I have been wanting to blog about something that happened a couple of weeks ago. You all know that Gabe has his night terrors. They occur every night, usually twice but sometimes up to a half a dozen times. He never remembers them and is incoherent a lot of the time when they occur. The one night I am referring to he woke up screaming and Sean went in to calm him down. He was sobbing, tears running down his face and saying he wanted to see Mom. So I went in there and it was like he couldn't see me. He then started screaming 'I killed her, I killed her!!' Sean and I tried to get him to stop, but he was out of control crying and screaming. Then he said 'I'm afraid I'm going to hurt her! I'm afraid I'm going to hurt her!' I was shocked. To hear my child say he was afraid he killed me and then he was afraid he was going to hurt me just crushed me. It took forever to calm him down. He hasn't said anything like that since that night, but frankly it scared me! I guess living with a child who has no self control and who wakes up screaming every night and not remembering it will do that to you. He goes to the psychiatrist on the 4th of next month and I am going to mention it then.
I just feel so lost about what to do with him. I also feel so bad that he has to go through this. He really is a great kid. Today he broke out in either a rash or some acne on his chin and around his left cheek. All I could think was that my poor kid who already suffers anxiety disorder and horrible teeth is now going to get pimples. He is going to be a bully's dream! That and I got an email from his teacher that said when he opened his locker stuff fell onto the girl's below and they are complaining that he is so messy. He just can't win! Orthodontics are starting in the early spring, when I am working and income tax comes in. I can always get him to a dermatologist if needed, and I am working at being more organized so he can have a better example.
I am really rambling.
I also realized that my previous post sounded really whiney and pity partish. That isn't how I intended it. It is just all my random thoughts spilling out.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ryan always yells for me during his night terrors, yells for me to hold him and I am right there. It is scary and sad. He runs from things that aren't there and asks for help. It breaks my heart. The one thing that works for us is to put him in a warm shower. It wakes him up and relaxes him so he sleeps better the rest of the night. He only has the occasionally now and they aren't as bad as Gabe but you just want them to stop. You can't wake them up and it really hurts you. Try the shower, maybe he will come out of them sooner?? good luck!!

Carrie said...

Oh that sounds awful Amanda. I am sorry he is having a rough time right now. I will pray he gets through the night terrors and hopefully they will lessen.

Char said...

That is so scary! Neither of my kids have ever had night terrors. Wow. Bad dreams, but not like that! I'm so sorry. I hope they go away real soon.