Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School




Today was the first day of school for the kids. Gabe began 5th grade at Main Street, where he will be for the next 2 years. It is a mix of kids from all three elementary schools, so there were a lot of new faces. He says he had a good day, just trouble with his locker. I am nervous for him, he has a difficult time making friends and adjusting to new situations. I pray for a good year for him.

The trio began 1st grade at Pleasant Elementary today. Once again they are in 3 seperate classrooms. We feel this is the best for them. They can make their own friends and be just single kids instead of 'the triplets.' I heard from Luke and Jonathan's teacher's today. They called to tell me how well the boys did and what great kids they were. Caitlin was a bit put out that her teacher didn't call as well. My prayers are for a good year for the three of them as well. Tanis starts there Thursday, so I guess I should say 4 of them!
I spent my first day of freedom doing math homework. I studied for over 3 hours and still have a lot to do before bed. Fractions are harder than I remembered!
Gabe had his ADHD checkup yesterday. The dr. was concerned that he reacted so poorly to the medication. He said he should have shown great improvement and we should have noticed a major difference. Gabe's behavior got worse, his self control became non-exsistant, and his sleeping habits worsened. So we have an appointment to see a pediatric neurologist on Sept. 15th. They are beginning to believe it is not ADHD, but don't know what it is. So this is the next step.
That's our day in a nutshell. I need to get the threesome to sleep. Have a nice night.



8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am glad they all had a good day. It is probably best for the trio to be split up and each be special with there own teacher and class. I hope they continue to do great. I am sure they will!

Char said...

Glad the first day of school was good for them all! The picture of them is pretty cute! hehe
Good job on your studying!!! Fractions suck! If you have too much trouble, call Jacob, he gets fractions like you and I get laundry! It's disgusting!

Carrie said...

Cute pics of their first day. I hope they all have a great year. I have you in my prayers. I will also pray for Gabe when you see the neurologist.

Crystal said...

I hope they are able to figure out what is causing Gabe's problems. Cameron's sister on his dad's side went thru the same things and after a ton of testing they diagnosed her with Aspberger's.

I cannot believe how grown up all of them look!!!!! CUTIE PIES!!!!

Jamie said...

I'm glad the 1st day went well, how was the 2nd day? I'm hoping you can pinpoint Gabe's trouble. I know it must be so hard not knowing how to help him. They all look so darn cute and so much older than the time I saw them!! Boy they grow fast don't they!!

Crystal said...

GET TO POSTIN SISTA!

Char said...

Hello? Anyone home?

kellerie said...

Thanks for including Tanis in your prayers for a good year. it's been good so far!