Friday, August 7, 2009

Six year old shopping spree at the Toy store!!!
Isn't she fashionable?

Luke's Blueberry

Sean showing his acorn he found

Gabe striking a football player pose

Today Sean took the day off, and Monday too! We had some fun family time - a picnic and hike at the nature trail and picking blueberries. The kids were their normal rambunctious selves, but it was nice to be out of the house on such a beautiful day!
I went to a rummage sale this morning that was fill a bag for 5 dollars. They handed our garbage bags and I got a lot of clothes for the kids. Caitlin got 2 pairs of pj's in the bag and was thrilled by that! Tonight she is wearing the satin rubber ducky ones.
Tomorrow we have no exciting plans, I want to get my laundry done and we might go to the drive in, depending on what is showing. It is nice because they only charge 6 dollars, I think for adults and kids are free so it is an affordable night for us.
I am over halfway done with a really cool cross stitch that I have been doing during my periods of insomnia. It is Mary Englebreit - I love her designs. I have another that is just waiting to be framed that I did while in the hospital a few years ago. I have designated a bin as my 'new house box' for things that I make or buy to go in our new house. It is my incentive for working hard to get out of here. I can't wait to be able to freely decorate again and paint my walls!
Gabe is finishing up his first week of football practice tonight. It is week one of conditioning, a really tough week. I am proud of him for sticking it out. He is not fond of it, but they say no kid is for the first few weeks as it is all tough exercises He looks so cute in his uniform too!
I took Luke, Caitlin, and Jonathan to Toys R Us for their birthday shopping on Tuesday. They had a ball and not only got a present (Old Grandma and Old Grandpa give them shopping $ each year) but gave me their Christmas lists! It is so fun to see them get so excited over little things. I also love how different their tastes are - they are definately their own persons!
Well, the pizza is about done in the oven, Caitlin is ready to crawl in the dryer to get her pj's, and I have to get dishes started. Hope you all have a good night!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Those are great pictures!! The kids looked so happy with their purchases!! Did they get to have their names announced in the store for their Birthday? Our stores do that sometimes.

I love family fun days like that. Aren't they the best! Oh, the drive-in movie, that would be fun but there's none really close to us and I don't want to drive far when we might be home so late. I remember going there so much as a kid. My brother and I would just wear our pj's and we'd usually go to sleep after the first movie (sometimes before the first movie was over!!).

Gabe looks very menacing, no one is getting by him!! He looks so grown up in the uniform!!

Hope your weekend is great and major crisis-less!!!

kellerie said...

gabe looks so grown up!

Carrie said...

Cute pics! There is a drive in near Matt's mom's house, wonder if its the same one?