Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another treasure in our town...


Gabe does not have the greatest batting stance, but he is working on it. As you can see here, he doesn't keep his elbow up. How frustrationg!!! So we took him to the batting cages. They have baseball and softball, fast, slow or regular. For one dollar you get fifteen pitches. You supply your own bat and skill (if you have it). Sean and I tried as well, he did awesome. I unfortunately embarrassed myself, but I figured the dramatic strikes did some good for my waistline! I think this would be a great girl's day activity. Imagine the fun we could have! :)
I am also waiting for Kellie to call with our tennis date. Sean and I are actually a bit excited. I took tennis lessons one summer - many years ago. I stunk. But it wasn't as bad as ballet where the dance instructor informed my mom that "Maybe Amanda should try a different field of dance." I thought I was great. I did, however, become an awesome tap dancer. Maybe I could have Sean tape me doing 'Country Western, Yahoo' and post it on here. I know Kellie, Lura, and Victoria could vouch for my talent!
I am still battling a horrible cold. It has settled in my chest and I am miserable. I wish the kids would understand that I need them to cooperate! All I wanted to do yesterday was lay down when Sean got home and instead he wasn't feeling well, so I had to watch the kids and fix dinner and put them to bed. I don't mind, but if I don't get rest I am not going to get over this!
Tonight the kids all have ball games, so I am praying for rain. Is that awful of me?
I need to go to the library today so I can get the kids some new books. I don't know if I want to take the monsters though. They are being rotten!!!!
Okay, enough complaining. I hope that you all have a great day. Sonya and Cheryl, please let us know about your dad. I have been praying for him!
Love you all!

4 comments:

kellerie said...

we are definitely up for tennis - whenever it's good for you!

where is the batting cage at?

Cheryl said...

i would love to see you all at the batting cages! hope the kids let up on you. get some rest and feel better...hope you get your rain!

Char said...

Way cool! I bet it will help him some with hitting!
We enjoy going to the batting cages. It's not as easy as it seems like it should be though. Ya know!
I'd really like to see the Country Western, Yahoo!!
I tell you what, if I didn't feel good, I wouldn't leave the house for nothin'!! I hope it rained!

Carrie said...

I was in the batting cage once and I thought I was in the slow pitch softball cage, but I quickly learned I was in fast pitch baseball because I couldn't hit any balls. I turned around to complain to my sister and when I turned back around I got hit smack dab in the mouth. FUNNY!