Saturday, July 4, 2009

Geocaching Fun

Kellie talking to the group about the rules. Notice she is not addressing anyone inparticular......
Finding the first 'treasure!'

Tinkle break. This prompted a "Why we do not tinkle on our friends' talk.
Carmen and Aunt Amanda
Scarlett and the dead fish
creek hiking
Kellie going over the rules...........again!
Off we go into the woods! Everyone is still dry and wearing shoes.
Spontaneous reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Yesterday Kellie and I took my kids, Tanis, and my nieces Carmen & Scarlett geocaching and hiking. It was really a fun time. We started at the Nature Trail and while unsuccessful at the geocaching, we had some fun hiking. Caitlin, Jonathan, Luke and I decided against the creek hike part - I was not prepared, but instead we got to climb down a steep slope and see lots of green goo. Despite accidentally leaving Carmen's shoes in the van when I made a quick stop back, and then having to piggyback her for the rest of the way, it was fun. We ended at Woodlawn Cemetary where we found 2 treasures and got in a lot of walking. Great exercise and great fun!!
I am going to take the lazy girl way out and direct you to Kellie's blog to read about the rest of our adventure.





Happy 4th!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Kevin was actually laughing out loud reading this, why we don't pee on each other...only boys!! Glad you had fun!

kellerie said...

Luke actually looks upset in the picture when I'm not addressing him. He didn't seem upset at the time.

Thanks for the lovely "before" pics of me. Hopefully we can hike more, and I can make it to an "after"!

Tanis and I had a great time!

kellerie said...

I asked Tanis why he didn't tell Luke to stop peeing on him, and his response was "because it was funny!"

Carrie said...

Cute pics! Sounds like another adventurous day in the life of Amanda and crew!!!!

Jamie said...

I've been wanting to try that. It looks like so much fun. I LOVE the peeing picture, how funny!! Although maybe not so much for the mom's!! I still can't get over how grown your babies are!! So cute!

Char said...

That looks like so much fun! We have always wanted to go geocaching but never have. Maybe I"ll be inspired to go now.
Good pics! Gross pee! ;-) Boys are so funny! Of course i think if girls could, they may do the same thing? Hmm... something to ponder on. But not long. Because it's gross.