Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lots of Little Things...

Let's see....the past week has been a full one. On Thursday the Gabe had his first softball game. He did really well. We bought him a bat over the weekend and are going to take him to the batting cages to work on his swing. He tends to reach for the ball and while he hits it, it isn't the right way. He was tickled to finally get to play as the prior games had kept getting rained out. We did have a minor issue when we got to the ballpark. Sean pulled into a parking spot in the lot and me, being the ever thinking wife that I am, saw that there were 2 open spots by the field. I figured that since the triplets were with us and they tend to get antsy, we could park right next to the field and then if we needed to put them in the van, one of us would be able to see from the car. Smart thinking....right? I thought so. So Sean pulled into the road, turned around in a driveway and pulled into the spot. Unfortunately he didn't see the firehydrant. He backed right into it and it tore a hole in our bumper and put a good sized dent in the hatch. This is our new to us van! He was quite upset....with me! Can you believe that one? He was even more unhappy when I had him go back to the parking lot and park where we originally started. He did later say that it wasn't my fault, so I felt a bit better. I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut about parking!!!

Friday we had our playdate. The kids had a ball and I think all the mom's enjoyed themselves too. It was so much fun to watch them play - and have tantrums! Kellie's house is a perfect playdate house because she has a great yard! I love spending time with Kellie, Lura and Vic. so I look forward to Friday's this summer even more!

Last night was the triplets t-ball game against Lura's nephew, Lochlyn. It is always such a hoot to watch the trio play. I made sure the kids all had shoes on when we left, unfortunately I didn't check to see what shoes. Caitlin was good, Jonathan had on two different shoes, and Luke had on two left shoes. I thought maybe it might make them speedier.....nope. Luke's first time up to bat he swung so hard he missed the ball and hit himself in the head! They are so fun to watch. Lura came to see them and Lochlyn and she took several pictures of me in the stands. I was flattered until she showed me that she was actually taking the pics of the guy behind me and using me as an excuse! How nice!!!
Gabe started football camp today and Sean is working 15 hours today. I am already going insane with the kids!!!!!

4 comments:

Char said...

Oh man! sorry about your van. that really stinks. you meant well, ya know. it really was not your fault. :(
The play date sounded and looked like a lot of fun!! The kids looked like they were enjoying themselves too.
Sounds like t-ball will be interesting this year! :) Why was Lura taking a picture of some guy behind you? Isn't she married? Like to my brother? ha!
Wish Gabe luck in football!
I hope your day went fast!! 15 hours is a stinking long day. Why did he have to work so long?

Cheryl said...

wow 2 left shoes. Ryan wore 2 different crocs all day today, one red and one black, he was making a fashion statement. Sorry about your van.

Hope you haven't been to crazy today! Have a wonderful night, maybe they'll all go to bed early.

Lura said...

I was taking pictures of a guy that Tiffanie and I used to stalk in high school. He was a senior and we were freshman. I had to show her what he looked like now. Ha ha.

Carrie said...

Matt backed over a landscaping rock on Halloween 2007 and we still have to get our SUV fixed. IF that makes you feel any better!!

T-Ball sounds fun! I can only imagine what it looked like with all the crazy shoes on!