Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Over My Head

Why is it when I think I get something, it is apparantly way over my head? I can be sure I get it, then everyone else disagrees with me. Case in point, on FB my friend Cecil wrote a note about eco-liberals. While I didn't agree with all he said, I felt similar to a lot of what he wrote. He was very angry when he wrote it and that definately came through, but it was a good article. So far I am the only one who thought so. Now I am second guessing myself and wondering if I sounded like an idiot in my comment. Argh! I dislike that strongly about myself. It is just like when I put the Obama book I was reading as my status. My uber liberal cousins haven't spoken to me since. I wonder if I am offensive and/or uneducated sounding. I wish I didn't always have to wonder. I should feel confident enough in myself and my opinions.
I would never dislike anyone or drop them as a friend because of their views. My sister loves Obama, I still love my sister. I even like the girl! I don't dislike people because they are gay, a different race, etc. I see what's on the inside and I like a person for that. Not for what they look like.

4 comments:

Lura said...

Your uber liberal cousin commented today, so maybe the stand off is over! Stick with what you believe, no one thinks about it or worries about it as much as you do!

Cheryl said...

your opinions are just that YOUR OPINIONS. no one can tell you if they are right or wrong. be yourself an d don't worry about other people.

Carrie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I requested the Obama book at the library. I am still waiting in que for it, but I can't wait to read it and it was because of you!!!!

Char said...

"Don't think so highly of yourself, no one else does!" - Lura

There ya go! :)haha

Don't worry so much. You are who you are! Hold onto your beliefs and thoughts and don't worry about what others think so much.