Friday, May 29, 2009

A Belated Birthday Day with NO Kids!

The darn pictures did not come out in the right order!
Pharoah's Chocolates.....Yummy!
What else do you do with Onion straws?

The dieter's delight plate.

I can't take her anywhere......

I tried to get Lura to at least trim the mustache before we went out.....


Lura at Cedar Point. Okay, Lura pointing at Cedar Point.


Going down the alley that I thought would be a great shortcut. It was......it looks much more bright in the picture.

Lura's cupcake.
The City Bakery


Lura and I had our bi-yearly day out. This time it was to celebrate her birthday - which was in February. We believe in spreading the celebrating.

Our day started with a stop at City Bakery in the Waterfront district of Sandusky. I had a yummy Almond filled croissant and Lura had a pumpkin cupcake with buttercream frosting. There were a selection of trashy magazines on the table and cool paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling. This was put on our list of places we will go back to! After breakfast we drove around the block 3 or 4 times. I can't parallel park and spots were non-existant due to Ehove's graduation, so we parked a spot ahead of where we originally were and wandered into different stores. Used book, antique, and thrift. We made a few purchases and had many giggles.
By this time we were ready for lunch so we went to Damon's on the waterfont. Unfortunately they are a Pepsi (gasp!) only restaurant, so we had water. The classier of the two of us had lemon in her water. :) We decided to split an appetizer as we had yet to go to our favorite stop of the day - Pharoah's chocolate. So we got the dieter's delight, as you can see by the pictures.
I decided to take Lura the scenic route to Pharoah's. I don't think my thoughtfulness was very appreciated. Pharoah's has not only the most delicious chocolates, but a wonderful gift shop that suits all tastes. We love to wander around and look at all the fun things they sell. We purchased some assorted chocolates, I think the chocolate covered potato chips and the swiss thingy were my favorites. I got Sean some goodies and the kid's some gummy bears as well.
After one more stop we headed home via another fabulous scenic route. I almost got into a tangle with a rude driver when we stopped for diet cokes, but we got home safe and sound.
We decided we hadn't spent nearly enough time together, so when all the kids got home and Lura picked up her boys we ordered pizza and played for a few more hours.
It was such a fun and relaxing day. I think Lura enjoyed herself even if she did get a bruise across her chest. Being a mother I tend to throw my arm out while driving if I have to stop suddenly...I know you ALL do that too!

2 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Yes I do the arm thing even when no one is in the passenger's seat. Sounds like a fantastic day. I just have to get little towns like that, they sound like a blast. Indy is kinda like that even if the town is not small.

The chocolate dipped stuff sounds fun and yummy. I need to visit soon to do that stuff!

Carrie said...

LOVE the pics! Very fun day for the two of you!