Friday, May 8, 2009

Can you believe it?

Sean showed up at the hospital today to see his mom and was told that they made a mistake in the surgical report. His mom had all 5 toes and part of the bone removed after all. The report was wrong and the nurses had the wrong info. I can't believe that a mistake like that would be made. I guess it strikes me as bad more so because I just finished reading about surgical reports and accuracy yesterday afternoon. She is okay with it, disappointed, but knows it is her fault they had to come off. I hope that she learns this time!!!! Thanks for the prayers friends!

3 comments:

Lura said...

Sorry to hear that, but hopefully it will be a wakeup call to her!

Cheryl said...

You have got to be kidding. How could someone not know how many toes they removed.

Carrie said...

That's crazy.

When my sister's father in law passed away he donated his body to science and the ashes were sent to her mother in law. Well, she was given the wrong ashes and she never would have known unless the university told her... I guess they have to disclose that information to her, but why upset someone when it can be avoided!!