Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Monday all you people!

So I have been reading all sorts of blogs that I find links to or just happen upon and at first thought I was doing something wrong. The other blogs are not like mine at all. They are very "professional" sounding. That not the word I want, but the only one I can think of right now. But then I thought that I do my blogging like a journal. It is for me and a few friends to read and enjoy. I am not writing for others to read and learn things from. Hey, if you learn something from reading what I write it is a bonus, and frankly I'd be surprised! I am just writing so I have something to look back on and can remember things.
That was my in depth thought for the day.
So not much has been going on around here. Lura and I went garage saleling with 3 hot guys on Friday. I found the new Janet Evanovich book for 25 cents. Hardback too! I was stoked. I read it over the weekend and of course loved it. If any of you are interested in a fun series the Stephanie Plum ones are hilarious. I read them over and over. 15 is coming out this year. I can't wait! We had fun and I managed to find some cute clothes for Caitlin. I can't believe how fast my kids go through clothes! They are growing rapidly. We only got lost once, and it is because the navigator has a poor memory, but we eventually found our way. We rewarded ourselves with ice cream afterwards. It was a relaxing time and I was glad to spend the day with Lura - even though she almost killed us with her driving!! :)
Friday night was horrendous. We are really struggling with behavior issues at the blue house. I am not going into detail, but I will say that if you have small kids, don't let them get their hands on the plastic sleeve the newspaper comes in.... they will decide to turn it into an indoor waterballon and then play slip and slide in the kitchen.
Saturday Sean let me have some Amanda time in the morning so I could relax and forget about the night before, so I went to some garage sales on a book hunt. I was at one and was across the table from a woman who I thought looked familiar. When I left I recognized the van next to mine and went back to say "Hi" to my mom. We laughed over how pathetic we were that we didn't recognize each other! She was in a flannel shirt and jeans and I have never seen my mom dressed that way, so that was my excuse. I don't know what hers was!
The kids behavior was rotten that day, so we cancelled the plans to go to the Fun Fair that night. Kellie and Tanis stopped by so the kids could have naked time together. That sounded really bad, it is just that whenever Tanis and the trio get together they decide that they are quads and strip. It never fails! I hope that they will eventually outgrow it! Also they can't come over without Tanis losing his shoes. In his defense, usually one of my kids hides them. We can't go to their house without one of my kids (or neices) breaking something. Sean and I took the kids on a picnic to the reservoir that evening and played on the swings and playset and took a walk. It was a fun time, until they had a waterfight at the pottyhouse.
Sunday we overslept and missed church, so we took a family trip to Meijer to go grocery shopping. I got sick in the store,and we left with only half our list bought. I got sick because I was a dolt and didn't eat anything with my meds. The iron pills make me sick if I don't have food with them and I sort of forgot to eat. Ugh. We played outside the rest of the day and I did some cleaning.
That is it. I told you it wasn't that exciting! I hope that you all have a great day and enjoy the sunshine if you have it! I will post pictures later today, hopefully....

3 comments:

Kevin Weidenweber said...

I have been a lot of places where people say they did not "recognize" me. I believe you can agree that most people are just avoiding me, or pretending they do not know who I am. However, I think my Mom would recognize me, or acknowledge me if she say me. Well, maybe not.

Thanks for the smile this morning. I enjoy reading your thoughts.

Kevin

Cheryl said...

Our kids are getting in a lot of trouble with water and summer isn't even here yet. It is going to be a long summer!! I hope things are going well and everyone is behaving better.

I can't believe you didn't recognize your mom...funny!

Carrie said...

I browse and read other blogs too. Its kind of fun. Yours to me is a comedy blog. I always laugh somewhere while reading.

For instance, I was laughing when you didn't recognize your mom or your mom didn't recognize you....very funny.