Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Turning over a new leaf..

I have been a bit of a negative Nellie in my last few posts. So today I am going to focus on positive and happy things to share. I haven't done a counting my blessings in awhile, so it will be a long those lines.

Today I woke up thankful for my children and husband. Even under the weight of 3 kids and one on the floor, I was thankful for their love and cuddles. We are trying to keep them in their rooms, but sometimes it is nice to wake up to a little arm pulling me close to kiss me awake.
My friends give me reason to be thankful everyday. My childhood friends who have stayed by my side through adulthood and my new friends found in the wonders of cyberspace. I love each an every one of you and am so grateful for the opportunity God has blessed me with to know each of you.
I am so happy that fall has arrived. The crisp leaves, the cooler temperatures, the autumn sky...this means apple orchards, jumping into leaves and halloween are close at hand.
I love a good book and was able to trade for 3 new to me ones at the used book store yesterday. All I had to pay was tax! What a treat for me!
The laughter I get to enjoy everyday watching the triplets get off the bus. They are such riots sometimes. I am also thankful for their bus driver Miss Regina, who I have known since kindergarten. She is a strong Christian now and I feel so comfortable with my kids riding with her and they absolutely adore her!
I am thankful for the miracles we get to witness in everyday life.

I want to offer apologies to anyone who may have felt offended or brought down by my last few posts. I just need to air my frustrations at times and I appreciate having this way to do it. I don't mean to sound as if everything is horrible, because it's not! I am blessed to have the life I do. I look for opportunities to help other's in little ways each day or to bring someone a smile and that makes me feel wonderful! I praise the Lord for the healing he has brought to me and to my family.
I love you all very much!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

What a nice post! I don't mind reading your posts when you are frustrated. It is an outlet that sometimes is the only way to voice your feelings. I have not been offended in anyway!

Cheryl said...

We love you and are thankful for you! Everyone gets frustrated and needs to vent, that is what friends are for!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Char said...

I get negative some days too. It's ok to vent and be frustrated with everything!
I could stand to be more thankful as well. Thanks for reminding me of my blessings!