Friday, September 18, 2009

Lura and I went impromptu garage saling today and I ended up buying a play kitchen and box of utensils and food for 3 dollars. My kids have already gotten 3 dollars worth of fun out of it. It is in great condition and the food and utensils are really cool! I think it should of been a lot more, but I'm not complaining. We also made a stop for pumpkin pie ice cream that was so good! It had pieces of crust in it. Yum!
I got 2 shirts and a sweatshirt for Caitlin, a rescue heroes video, and some other odds and ends. I was just very disappointed that there were really no sales with kids clothes.
I found out that my niece is having a little boy. She is 17 and dropped out of school. She was on the honor roll and has won national recognition for her art. It is so sad. She is finishing up her schooling online and tested to graduate early. I pray for a good future for her and this little one.
This past week a local boy was killed in a car accident. They believe he was texting while driving. My nephew was in the car behind him and the first on scene. He is in the national guard and is a lifeguard at Kalahari, so he has CPR and other training. The boy was alive when he got there, but there was nothing he could do. He just held the boys hand and talked to him. The boy said he wanted his mom and then closed his eyes and died. I am so proud of my nephew f0r being with him. The mother was so grateful that her son didn't die alone. I can't fathom being with anyone, let alone a kid, while he was dying and knowing there was nothing I could do. My nephew seems to be doing fine emotionally, thank God. I don't know if I would be.
We are looking forward to tomorrow night - our grown ups night out! My sister is watching the kids for a few hours because our sitter fell through, so we won't be able to stay as long as I'd like, but still we will have fun!
Gabe is being set up with a psychiatrist and case worker so hopefully he will get treatment for this anxiety disorder soon. He will also be meeting with his counselor regularly so we have high hopes. He is at the high school football game with my sister and her family now. Apparantly he is most interested in watching the cheerleaders.
Jonathan informed me in the car tonight that his friend Kyra is going to have her stomach cut open. I asked why? figuring it was surgery of some sort. He said because he is going to marry her. I asked why would she have her stomach cut open and he said for the babies to come out. First grade and he is planning a family already! What a card!
I hope that you all have a good weekend. Lots of love

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I have 4 huge boxes of clothes and other stuff for you. I just need to send them. I keep forgetting! Great deal on the kitchen! i HOPE YOUR GROWN UP NIGHT WENT WELL!! Stupid caps loc

Carrie said...

Oh that is so sad about the car accident. I HATE HATE HATE that people text while driving. It's sooo not worth it.
Yard sales are great! My neighbors had one last week and I bought a headboard and footboard for $10 for Olivia to use someday. Even though her bed converts to a full size I figure we can use that for another baby.
Very cute that Gabe is planning his family already!

Carrie said...

I am sorry, Jonathan is planning his family already...I can't keep them straight!

Amanda said...

woo hoo Cheryl! You rock!