Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ramblings....Happy Fall!

After reading some things elsewhere online, I got to wondering about my blogging. Do I post too much information? Do I share more than people want to know? I use my blog as a journal a lot of the time and it helps to write about things. Like when we went through the bankrupcy. Was it wrong to share all of that? I didn't do it for pity - I shared for stress relief and support and prayers. Same goes with health issues and kids, etc. I don't like to hide who I am or my feelings. If I am having a bad day I will write about it. Some of the things written online just got me to wondering if I am too much of an open book, but that is me. I want people to know ME, not just who I want them to think I am. Pretty much what you read is what you get - that's me.

That was my big thought for the day. I am sitting here procrastinating on my homework. This math is kicking my butt! I did well until they got to the advanced stuff that I have never done before. Given that my dad was a math teacher you'd think I would have inherited a little of his math smarts! Oh well, I am doing my best and that is what matters.
Gabe played only 3 minutes in Sunday's game because he missed 2 practices last week due to illness. Last night after practice he was so excited because they had him in for more than 20 plays! It was the most he had been in and he was stoked! You could tell how good he felt about himself. It was really neat to see.
I have a crockpot full of veg. beef soup simmering on the sounter for dinner tonight. I serve it over a crumbled corn muffin with shredded cheese. It is delicious! Next up will be a corn and ham chowder and then hopefully Brian's broccoli cheese soup. Yum! One of the things I like about fall is the food! That and crunching through leaves.
My sister's birthday is in a few days and while I have her gift, I am making her one too. She is an Obama supporter and after a nature walk I have decided to make her an Acorn wreath. Does anyone get it?! I thought I was so clever! ha ha!! Think she'll love it? I know she won't, but her husband will!
Have a great day everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

you don't share too much! We love getting to know you!! Keep on sharing!! Good luck on the math!

Carrie said...

I think you share just the right amount. I am thinking about going private on my blog because I have some things I don't want to talk openly about, but don't mind all my current blog friends reading. It's the lurkers that I am concerned with.