Friday, July 24, 2009

Well today was another winning day in Amanda's journey through motherhood. I am so stinkin' frustrated. I won't go into detail, it's the same it always is. Kids don't listen, mom cries, kids think it is a big joke, kids go to time out, mom needs stiff drink.
I wish I understood what I am doing that is so wrong. I guess I will never know.
Today was the final day of Bible school for the kids. They had a picnic afterwards and then Leo's Ark came with several different animals. Gabe held a snake, similar to what was in our basement, just a different kind. They also brought a tarantula, tortise, frog, fawn, and chinchilla. The kids loved getting up close with all the animals and holding/petting. I was a hero for a moment when I rescued the not to bright tortise from going into the street. That thing was heavy! They also had water balloon games that the kids all enjoyed. Then we had playdate at Victoria's. It may be my last time going to a playdate...my kids, not the fellow daters. That's where things started going downhill.
I need to scoot. I have a zillion things to do and motivation and energy for maybe one.
Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

kellerie said...

i think you're being too hard on yourself. the kids really were fine at playdate. no, they didn't always listen, but they weren't any worse than the rest of the kids.

Lura said...

I agree with Kellie. And you know we tell the truth!

Carrie said...

I'm reading Super Nanny's book.