Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday doesn't even start......

Any guesses on the song??? I think I have used it before, and I think Carrie knows.

So yesterday my mil was lifeflighted to Toledo. We got up there sometime around 8-ish. We would have been there sooner but-alas, I was the navigator. We only got lost one time on the way there, and YES, it was AFTER we got off the turnpike (you big bunch of smart asses.) Sean was not thrilled when we realized nothing looked familiar and I took out the camera to document our lostness in pictures. I got some great shots, I will download them later.
When we got to the hospital I saw the elevator doors shutting and a woman that looked like Laura inside. We got up to the 3rd floor and there she was in the hall. They had just taken her for a chest xray. Basically they aren't sure what is going on. They are going to do some sort of heart surgery today and she signed permission forms to say they can do dialysis.
So we are in a wait and see game. I hate the not knowing.

FYI to all parents. They passed the booster seat law finally, so kids under 8 AND under 57" have got to be in boosters. It is a secondary offense so you won't be pulled over for it, but if you are in an accident or pulled for a traffic stop they can ticket you.
Guess we have to replace the boosters again.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think the booster law is a good one. Ryan still sits in his.

Hope the mother in law is doing well. Praying for all of you!

Carrie said...

"Friday I'm in love"...

Praying for your mil, hopefully you will have answers soon. Please keep us updated on her status.

I'm glad they have a booster law, although I live in Kentucky, so I'm sure it is different...people still go barefoot around these parts!

Carrie said...

Oh and my last sentence I am using a very southern accent!

Lura said...

Awww. You said asses! Thanks for the update on the booster seats. I was just going to look it up before we got Isaiah a new one.

kellerie said...

I agree with the booster law, but I think it's funny that my grandma fink wouldn't ever have been tall enough to get out of a booster seat!