Thursday, July 16, 2009




I am cranky today. Blah. Just motherhood issues as always. I am running out of patience and ideas. Gabe has an appointment scheduled on Wednesday with a new doctor for his football physical and ADHD. I am going to inquire about stimulants. I was against them for a long time, but I think we have exhausted other options. When I say stimulants, I am talking about ritalin (sp) and that class of meds. The non stimulant class of meds was not effective. I have talked with several people who are around Gabe on a regular basis and they all feel that this is the best option now. The triplets are just feeding off of his behavior, so it is not pleasant at this house right now.
I keep trying to plan fun activities for the kids. We don't have much in the way of money, so I am looking for cheap or free things. We go to the library alot, to the park, we have been making homemade bread and watching how the dough changes, playdates, swimming, hiking, fruit picking, crafts.....I keep trying..
I was given a much needed laugh by Mr. Kevin W. yesterday! The picture of him and Alan is priceless~ Thank you Kevin!! Someday I will make it to Disney. If only to take a picture of myself next to all the Alan Alda memorabilia!
I have been reading up a storm lately. I haven't been sleeping to well, so I have been enjoying escaping into books. I have read The Last Olympian and Inkheart and recommend those books to everyone! The Last Olympian is the final book in the Percy Jackson series and it is a fantastic series!! I am reading Mean Season right now and also finished This Pen for Hire yesterday. I told Sean that when we buy a house again, I want a library area. I don't care if it is a closet lined with Bookshelves or designated space in the basement. I would love an area that I can surround myself in the books I love and escape for a few hours. I grew up with parents that always had a book with them and overflowing bookshelves all over the house. My aunts were the same, my sister, my cousins.... I guess that is why there are so many teachers in my family - and a librarian! I can remember being on vacation and waiting for one of my parents to finish a Dean Koontz or James Patterson and waiting for the chance to read it next!
I am rambling. I had a lot to talk about, but will do it later. I just wanted to say hi!

4 comments:

kellerie said...

hope your day is better tomorrow. love the picture!
I'm going to bring over "In the time of the butterflies" for you to read when I get home.

Cheryl said...

i hope your days have gotten better. we all have times like that, you aren't alone. maybe you need a visit from us! we could get all our little demons together.

I love love love books. I hope Ryan will eventually love them too!

Char said...

Sorry you felt cranky! I've been totally cranky this past week as well. We should have had a "cranky party" or something?!!!
Hang in there! Only a few more weeks until school starts. ;)
I'm glad you like the Percy Jackson books. I can hardly wait to start them with the boys!
I hope your weekend is going great!!!!!!

Carrie said...

It sounds like you are doing a lot of fun/inexpensive things with the kids. One day they will look back and be so thankful for the time you spent with them, even though its rough at times now.