Monday, July 20, 2009

Friday Fun at Victoria's

Steven and Andrew
Gorgeous Gretchen

Johnny with the color puzzle


Luke showing his musical abilities

Steven and Andrew showing brotherly love
Gretchen

Caitlin and Steven doing a puzzle together
Steven in one of his many get-ups that day
Scarlett and Caitlin


Since Vic and I are obviously the coolest, we had a playdate by ourselves Friday. Between the 2 of us we still managed to have 10 kids for awhile. I had my 4 and my 2 nieces, and Vic had her 4. Kellie was in PA and Lura was selling a garage, so I guess they are still cool. :) We had a nice time visiting - as always - and the kids played, and were sometimes even well behaved! Gretchen amazed me with pushing herself up to standing on my lap and almost being a crawler! She is quite advanced for a four month old. I love the fact that she always has a smile for Auntie Amanda as soon as I pick her up. She is such a doll! I got to see the next quilt that Victoria is doing, which will be beautiful, I'm sure and I copied a lot of bread machine recipes. I don't know anyone with a greater cookbook collection that Vic!
The kids went to Bible School today and I am enjoying my few hours of quiet time. I pick them up at noon and hopefully they will be angelic for the rest of the day. Being at church should do that, right???
We had the Harris reunion on Saturday. It was nice, a lot of people from all over the country. I am always surprised at how far they travel to come. The organizers of it live in Arizona and do all the work from there to make it happen. Sean has some really neat relatives and they always make it fun. I wasn't wanting to go this year, but I am glad that we did. We only got slightly lost on the way there - it always seems to happen when Sean listens to my directions. I don't get it.
I need to go and fold laundry - will it ever end?! I am thinking of having my children become nudists, just so I don't have to wash their clothes. Caitlin changes outfits several times a day and my boys strip down to their boxers as soon as they walk in the door anyways!
Have a good day!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Gretchen is so adorable! Your playdates always look fun and interesting!

I am doing laundry too, but it's going to take me awhile today. Olivia is sick and she is wanting me to carry her around.

Char said...

Clothes are overrated!!

Cheryl said...

laundry here also....i hate it!!! nudist...good idea! hope the kids were angelic for you!!!