Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Gabe is enjoying the day at Kalahari with his friend, Sam. The trio are playing and watching SB, Sean is taking a nap, and I am getting things done around the house. Thankfully Luke has not remembered the Fireman's Festival in Wakeman which we completely forgot about. He is going to be sore at us when he remembers.
This morning the kids had their VBS program in church. They sang, did sign language, and recited verses. It was really cute. It was not really cute when Caitlin decided to try and take off her sundress. She got the one side down, exposing her perky bosom, when she looked up and saw me shaking my head and mouthing NO!!! I am not sure what she was thinking.
She is obsessed with bras lately. My sis in law brought over all her daughters' old training bras and Caitlin has been in heaven! Yesterday she told me that "it is a good thing she has training bras because she really needs to start training!"
I am cleaning crayon out of my dryer and off clothes today. Both Sean and I had checked pockets, so I don't know how it snuck in, but boy what a mess! I finished Charlie Bone and the Invisible Boy - Charity, if your boys haven't read these, they'd really like them. So would you! It is reminiscent of Harry Potter. I read all books like that before I let Gabe read them because I like to know what he is reading and if I feel it is appropriate. We've decided we are getting him the Percy Jackson series and Charlie Bone for his birthday and Christmas. You can never have too many books! Oh, Cheryl, have you read the new James Patterson? Is is Swimsuit or something like that? I wondered if it was worth reading.
Luke just walked behind me and yanked my underwear to tell me he is bored, so I am going to go and entertain the troops. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I haven't read the newest one yet. I have a lot of other books to read first, so hopefully I will find it at the used book store.

training her bras...that is funny!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

ha,you are a hoot!
love the new picture above. The kids are adorable.

Carrie said...

Sometimes when I read your blog I wonder if some of the stuff you write is made up! Seriously! I mean, you would make a great comedy writer/reality show! I mean that in the best way!

Char said...

We haven't started Charlie Bone, but I'm slowly collecting (buying) them from half price books and we also have them out from the library. It's just been crazy busy lately around here. I'm trying to finish The Shack so I can give it back to Lura!
Caitlin is adorable! How totally cute! Fast forward years from now and she'll be complaining that she has to wear one! ha!
Kalahari?!! How lucky is GABE!! WOW!

kellerie said...

Carrie, having spent lots of time with the triplets, I can assure you all of it is real! and you should see the stuff she leaves out :)