Monday, April 13, 2009

Welcome to Loserville...population ME!

I am having a very low self esteem day. Actually I have had a low self esteem week.
You all know that I did all the hiring paperwork, drug testing, and all for Home Depot. All that was left was for them to call with my orientation schedule. They told me last Monday that they would call that day or the next. So I waited. When I hadn't heard by the next afternoon, I called and left a voicemail for the lady reminding her that I needed the date for orientation. Nothing. I called once a day and left messages all week. I was supposed to start today. I never have gotten a phone call. So I am assuming that for some reason they have decided not to hire me. I just don't understand why, and I don't understand why they don't return my calls. I prayed about it, Sean has prayed about it and I have come to this realization.
The good thing that has come out of this is that I have been kicking butt with my studies. I had given up - surprise, surprise.... But now I have submitted a 4 section project, am working on an English project and am beginning Excel as soon as they send me the downloads. I am excited again about the coursework and believe in myself again, and that feels darn good.
So maybe this was God's way of showing me that I was indeed a desireable employee, but that this wasn't the right job for me. He used it to wake me up to the fact that I want to do this MOA program.
So I guess that something good has come out of the whole experience.
My other thought was that Kellie's mom and my mom called with their concerns about me driving a forklift and scared Home Depot off..... that could very well be!!
I don't think I am a loser, I just liked the title. I think I am a desirable employee and I have a lot to offer the right employer which will be a doctor's office or hospital in the next few months.
Now I have a favor for all my Blog buddies. Would you please help to keep me accountable? I don't want to lose faith in myself or my abilities again. Maybe give me a gentle nudge or encouragement every once in awhile? Thanks!

5 comments:

Lura said...

I'd love to give you a gentle shove, er nudge if you need it! :)

Char said...

That is so weird that they didn't call you or return your calls???!!
Did you fail the drug test? Ha!

I think you'll be way happier at a doc's office or hospital anyway. You are a worthy employee and you will get a wonderful job very soon. Sometimes things happen for a reason, or don't happen for a reason, and most times it's because something wonderful is out there waiting. :) Good luck with your courses.

Unknown said...

Now you just have to get as much done as you can before the kids are out for the summer. Call me tomorrow to plan a time Thurs or Fri to come have Sean help with construction and the kids play...away from the construction!

Char said...

I have something to cheer up your rainy Tuesday - MRM!!!! Go check it! :)

Cheryl said...

I will push you around whenever you want or need it! I got my birthday cards today...the one was just ...well lovely! Are you one drugs? I think the problem was the drug test and they are afraid to call you, druggies are unpredictable. You should be working in a doctor's office or hospital anyway, you spend a lot of time there, they might as well pay you!

You know you are smart and beautiful and we love you, the only thing you are a loser in is scrabble!