Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Can't believe it!!!!!!!!

OMG! Did you guys see the little comment thing on the side of my blog?? Bea Arthur contacted me from beyond! I am floored. I also got a message from Alan Alda! I can scarcely contain my excitement. I am going to try and take a picture with my camera of the screen. Woo Hoo!!!!!
Since Bea requested a new post, here it is.

Let's see -

I have had a rough few weeks with being sick. Who's surprised??? Yesterday my doctor laughed at me. I had a recheck and apparantly she found my ailments funny! Last week I was vomitting and going to the bathroom so much that I became severely dehydrated. Fun, fun! Sean left work to take me to the ER because he was worried. When we got there my blood pressure was 79/46. Not too good. The dr. said it was from being so dehydrated. I felt miserable! They had to get fluids in me to bring up my pressure, but couldn't find a vein anywhere. I don't know how many pokes they did, but finally got an iv started in the top of my foot. I got 2 huge bags of fluid, an anitbiotic (they found a uti), and three other medications. We were there for several hours and I came home on 4 prescriptions. Oh, and they were unable to draw blood, but needed to get it twice. So they pricked the end of my fingers and milked them to fill two tiny vials. It didn't hurt, but was the strangest feeling.
I went for my recheck yesterday and asked her to look at my foot, it is swollen and sore. Apparantly I got phlebitis from the IV being where it was, so I have a swollen, lumpy, sore foot!

The doctor said that I just don't do things the way normal people do. Gee, whatever does that mean?! The good news is that I lost 18 pounds and have kept it all off so far! Yay me!
Sean is testy at me today. He seems to think it is bad that I have lost the check register and forgot to transfer to our checking account as well so a check bounced. He gets direct deposit and has it all go to the savings and we transfer only what we need. Well, sometimes I forget. Okay, so most times I forget! I hate checkbooks!!!!

The kids are making me nutsy! They have spring fever sooo bad. Today is rainy, so they can't play outside either. :( Two weekends ago we took the triplets to the children's museum while Gabe went to a gardening workshop with my mom and Carmen. They all had fun and Gabe brought home tangerine, lemon and avacodo seeds that he planted. I am not sure how well they will grow here! The trio enjoyed the museum, I was a little disappointed in it - just not what I expected - but the kids liked it. On the way there we were pulled over for speeding by a motorcycle cop, which thrilled the kids to no end! They were so excited. Sean and I - not so much. We got off with a warning and the officer gave us directions, but we still got lost. We only passed the museum 3 times before finding it. Sean decided to take a different way home but forgot that it would add an hour on to our ride. We only got slightly lost on the way home....

Last Saturday Gabe went with Scott and Scarlett and our friends the Livingston's to OSU for the scrimmage. They had awesome seats and Gabe got an autograph from one of the players. He was so excited!!!

This week Gabe is taking the OAT's and isn't too excited about it. We are signing up for summer and fall sports this week as well. It should be a busy summer!
Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

i saw you contacted by the beyond...kinda creepy. I hope you feel better now.

Char said...

Sorry you've been sick! Hope your foot heals quickly.
It sounds like you've been really busy. I'm glad the kids liked the museum. That's neat that Gabe got to go to the OSU game. A couple of my neighbors went to it too. I have no desire to go nor do I have a desire to cheer on OSU. I just don't care. ;-)
Travis took his OAT's last week. Wish Gabe good luck!
We are not doing any sports this summer. We are taking the summer off of schedules and just enjoying our life.

Carrie said...

You poor thing. I am sorry you have been sick. I can't imagine getting an iv on the top of my foot. I didn't know you could do that.

Unknown said...

Are you sure the foot issues aren't from the ancient rake incident? Had to post that before I forgot to say it to you when I never talk to you!