Friday, April 17, 2009

Whoopty-Doo!!!!

Looking for eggs, Luke found one!
Getting ready to start the egg hunt

Cool Luke


Scarlett, Carmen, Caitlin, and Old Grandpa snuggling under the blanket



Old Grandpa and maybe a preggo Maddy?


Hey y'all!
Well, this spring break week has been a real bust! We all keep getting sick! What a bummer. :(
Tomorrow we hope to have a great family day. We are still deciding on the final plans, but we want to do something fun and special with the kids.
I have been kicking butt at my studying! I am so proud of myself. I have submitted 4 projects this week and two have been graded. I got a 98% on my Microsoft Word and a 95% on the Excel. I submitted two writing projects, so I am anxious to see how they go. I feel so darn good about myself. Today I am starting Medical Terminology.... hard!
I have had no appetite for several days, so my weight is dropping some. When I weighed myself two days ago I had lost 8 pounds. I am adding exercise, so hopefully I will keep it off.
We had our consult with the orthodontist on Wednesday. Ugh. We knew it was going to be bad, I am sure you can see in pictures that Gabe's teeth are bad - he doesn't have room for the teeth to come in and it is causing a mess. I had the same problem as well as my sister. It took years of orthodontics to get our teeth where they are today and unfortunately Gabe got our teeth. He also has a bit of a deformity in his jaw that needs to be corrected, it is growing down instead of out. They can correct it now while he is still growing with a bite block and expander. So he will be starting next month getting things going. He will have to have full braces as well. The price quote is just about $6,000 and we have to have a down payment of at least $1,300 by the 30th. We are praying!
Yesterday our doorbell rang and it was the postman. He had certified mail for me. It was a large envelope and when I opened it it said summons to court! My stomach sunk and I thought I was going to throw up. Turned out it was from the mortgage company for foreclosure on the white house. No worries! We called the attorney and were told that everything is going as planned and we don't need to do anything. So it is almost done and over with. Thank God!
My mom took Maddy to be bred one more time. This time she did not go for the head! Maybe she just needed to grow up a little more. She was bred with a golden retriever, so if it took the result will be golden doodles! Isn't that crazy? I have seen one and it is such a gorgeous dog! Long Shirley Temple ringlets and kind of dopey. I loved it! We should know in a few weeks if she's knocked up or not. Keep your fingers crossed!
.

5 comments:

Char said...

The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing.
Congrats on doing well on your studies! That is awesome and you should feel VERY good and be proud of yourself.
I know the feeling when it comes to the braces. It's outrageous just for the braces. We told Jake he is going to have to wait a couple more years, but only because he didn't need the extensive work that Gabe needs. I can't remember the quote they told us, but I think the payments were like $300 a month or something. Crazy!! Good luck with all of that. I'm sorry he got your mouth. ha ;)
I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that Maddy is knocked up.

Char said...

OH yeah! I was first to comment. Congrats to me!

Carrie said...

Great pics of your kids!

Sorry to read all about the orthdontics Gabe needs. Its better to do it now than later otherwise it can be a lot worse.

Cheryl said...

Oh I hope Maddy is pregnant! How fun! Love the pics, the kids all looked very cute. Good job on the school work! Keep it up chica!!

Cheryl said...

I have decided that Maddy is glowing she must be knocked up!