Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Schmoosday

Well I had my conference with Luke's teacher yesterday. We both, the teacher and I, cried. Is that a bad thing?! It was 40 minutes long and I left feeling very encouraged. She approached everything with a positive attitude and spoke about "we" not "you" so I did not feel like I was to blame. Yesterday Luke came home with a good note and stayed on green all day! That means he behaved in class. Yay! All three were on green. :) I filled a basket with items from the dollar tree for rewards and they all - Gabe too, he got a 100% on his reading test and a 90% on spelling, chose punching balloons. My mom's pets were thrilled!
I guess I should share my latest bad luck with you all. I had my first trip to the ER in several months the other night. That was impressive for me! I am in a heavy black splint with a thumb spike on my left arm and hand now. And boy do I hurt! My troublesome wrist snapped about 2 weeks ago when I was getting Johnny dressed. I saw the dr. and there was no fracture. good. Well it keeps giving out on me. Sunday night I was coming up the basement stairs carrying as laundry basket and it gave out and I slammed my wrist, palm side up, on the cement wall. Ouch, but no biggie. As the night went on I lost feeling in my hand and after 4 hours a bump formed. When it grew to the size of a large marble and was agony to touch I decided maybe it was time to get it looked at. So I have a cyst that is laying on the underside of my wrist that ius beautifully colored for fall, and apparantly my tendons are herniated and swelling. So I am going to have to probably see an orthapedic surgeon. I consider this good news, maybe he can make my wrist stop giving out. I doubt there will be a need for surgery, I am guessing physical therapy if anything. Just another mark in the clutzy journal! Oh, this morning Jonathan insisted on shutting my car door, slammed it and hit my funny bone soooo hard. It wasn't the least bit funny!
We are still looking for some place to live. I have used all the big boxes for packing, so as of right now the cardboard box home is not a doable option. My mom says we can stay here as long as we'd like, I just would like to be out by Thanksgiving.
My mom's house is like a museum, full of herilooms and expensive antiques. Not a good mix with 4 kids, a large dog and 2 dopey cats. Plus an accident prone Amanda! We have already had a few minor mishaps that have resulted in broken glass.
So I hope you all have a good day. I hope that Carrie can see, Cheryl and Charity feel better, Crys has an awesome week, Sonya gets school straightened around, Debby finds who broke in and ate bites of her burrito, Lura stops sounding like Bea Arthur, Kellerie Land has a fabulous week of teaching, Victoria doesn't have morning (all day) sickness, Kelly enjoys her Janet Evanovich books (I am reading her right now! Love her!, Mel has a restful week and that I stay broken bone free! Did I miss anyone? Love you guys!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

ahh, I'm glad that Luke's teacher is willing to communicate with you and work together on getting him on track, that's awesome! I hope he started adjusting and doing better. Girl, that wrist thing sounds awful! how painful! It actually gives me the willies just thinking about it. I hope they fix it all up for you! Love you.....hope you have a great week!

Cheryl said...

i'm glad luke's teacher is willing to work with you. i'm sure it will get better. the bribery is a great idea, it works on ryan too. hope your wrist feels better. have a wonderful week!

Char said...

Ouch!! I hope it heals quickly!!

I'm so glad that Luke's teacher is being so nice and willing to help and all. That's the kind of teacher I'm going to be!!!! :)

That's good you have a reward system in place! It should help some. Do they get it every day or once a week?

Carrie said...

Oooh..ouch! I hope your wrist is feeling better. Please keep us updated on what the ortho surgeo says.

I am glad you are encouraged after speaking with Luke's teacher. sounds like you have a good relationship with her.

Thanks for my hunk of a card. It made my day!

kellerie said...

oh! i hope your arm feels better!

at least luke's teacher is working with you. it sounds like she really cares about helping him.