Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ouch!

Well, I saw the doctor yesterday. She mentioned the bubBLE IDEA. wHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE??!!! I am just a tad on the accident prone side. My mom pointed out that my Sean and the kids are too. Geesh. Forgive my typing errors, with a bum wrist it is hard to do! :(
So basically, I have a ganglian cyst, I messed up the median nerve, I blew several things in the wrist and am swollen and bruised. Dr. J. said that this injury is painful and slow to heal. It averages about 1 milimeter of healing per day. Woo-hoo. I hope you all learn from my experience and take great care in pulling up a 5 year old's pants. How embarrassing. I am going with an intruder broke in and tried to make off with the picture Jamie gave me of Alan Alda and while wrestling him (or her - you know you all want it!) to the ground I sustained injury to the left wrist and hand. I think that sounds much better. And a bit heroic!
When she asked about the kids and I told her about Luke's troubles at school, we discussed ADHD/ADD and she agrees that it is very likely that Luke has that as I know how Gabe was at that age. She also questions whether or not I had it as a kid - maybe still do. I KNOW YOU ARE LAUGHING KELLIE!!!!!! My mom would lay money that I did/do, but the diagnosis wasn't there when we were growing up. We also chatted a bit about the house and all. She was very supportive and encouraging. Then at LOGOS a wonderful lady from the church came up to me and offered encouragement. They had just heard of our situation and wanted to know if there was anything they could do. I said "just pray!" and she told me that our family has been wrapped in prayers for so long. It was wonderful just to hear that and to get that encouragement. God takes care of us, doesn't He!
We are preparing for a busy weekend. On Saturday we have the final soccer games of the season and then are going to slime fest with Tanis. On Sunday the kids sing at the 8:30 service and then we have Scott's birthday dinner. After that we are going to Kellie's (and bringing the girls) to trick or treat with Tanis. The kids are so excited! They also want to stay and play a bit if Kellie doesn't mind. Do you?!
On top of that we have to find time to finish moving out the big pieces of furniture.
I am so in need of a girl's night, so all you local girls figure out a time. I don't care what we do. Maybe we can go and toilet paper Lura's parents for old times! I think they would love that!!!! I hope they don't read this......
This morning Luke was changing his big boy panties and as soon as he kicked off the dirty ones, Maddie (mom's dog) grabbed them and took off running. I have searched and have yet to find them! She is a crazy dog!
I have begun working on Christmas presents. I am cross stitching my heart out! I have 3 definate projects and hope to have a few more to do. I am trying to be "centsible" this year and am well stocked with supplies. I also have a friend that will mat all my pictures for free. She has all the materials to make them.
I guess I am rambling. I just miss you all. Let's definately plan a blogfest 2009. My kids still ask me when we are going to Cheryl's and if it will be too cold to swim now. I feel like we really let them down as they were counting on a trip to see them! Too many things came up!!!! We will come next year. That is a promise....or a threat. However you take it!!!
I hope that you all have a fantastic day. I love you all and am so thankful for each and every one of you. God Bless you and keep you.

Amanda
Queen of Clutter

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

come on down, though swimming will have to wait until next year. i hope all is well now, heal quickly! violet sometimes steals ryan's undies but she doesn't hide them. she just likes to be chased. good luck with everything, i love you and keep you in my prayers.

Carrie said...

Thanks for that post. Everytime I read your posts I get a big smile on my face.
I hope your ganglion cyst goes away soon and you won't be anymore pain.
I hope you come to visit next year. I want to be a part of the reunion :)

Lura said...

I think you should have signed it "reformed" queen of clutter!

Crystal said...

ahhh, that was a very sweet post Amanda Panda! I am with you on needing a girls night out!!!! It's been so crazy around here lately........name the time and place and maybe I will come too. I would sooo love that but I have to have someone go with me because I get lost too easily! ha Plus, I hate to drive. Oh girl your story of how you injured your wrist had me in stitiches! ha ha my dog loves undies too.

You are always in my prayers girlie and I love you to pieces!

kellerie said...

i hope you can still come tomorrow - just call and let us know what time. you are welcome to stay and play as long as you like.

we missed you at slime time!