Friday, October 17, 2008

Open House Thursday

So, taking 6 kids to a taco fundraiser at Gabe's school sounds like a good idea. Right???
I swear it wasn't my idea. It was my mom and sister's and I went along with it. I managed to not spill the tray carrying 8 tacos, 4 nacos and salsas, 6 drinks, and 6 cookies. Also I had utensils and napkins for 6. They ate neater than I have seen, but the meal ended with my mother crawling around on the floor on her hands and knees cleaning up tacos with a ratty napkin! I tried to tell her that they have custodians for that....just ask Sean! Then we went to Gabe's room and the triplets decided it was play time. I almost wet my pants when Caitlin started spinning the globe as fast as she could, Luke put his hands all over the computer doing the slide show, and Jonathan was playing hide and seek. Thankfully Gabe's teacher is someone I have known a long time and is one of the most patient people in the world. I then had to go to Carmen and Scarlett's rooms to see their open house stuff. We ran home, my mom lives right down the street from Gabe's school, and I hopped in the car to go to the triplet's school across town. I went to Caitlin's classroom first and got a good report, then I did Johnny's and got another good report, then onto Luke's and got a conference scheduled for Monday morning at 8. Can you tell who the troublemaker is? I just wanted to melt into the floor! His teacher said that she has exhausted all dicipline techniques and nothing is working and she doesn't know what to do anymore. Wow. It is only the second month of school. That is not good news. So we will see what Monday holds.
Thursday was funky hat day at the trio's school. Caitlin did not participate because "girl's do not wear hats!", Luke wore a pilgrim's hat and Johnny wore a purple and red sequined baseball cap. Sean was thrilled. At least he is a knight for Halloween and not a princess!
Friday Gabe got to sing the National Anthem at the football game with the 4th grades from all three elementaries. He did awesome. I was so proud of him. It was neat to see all the band geeks and I did feel a bit of longing when they marched onto the field. There were only 4 girls on the dance squad and a ton of cheerleaders. I guess it isn't cool to be a truckerette anymore! I was surprised.
Today we had soccer games and Luke actually played, a lot! I was so happy. During Gabe's game Caitlin started out onto the field to join in the game, twice. Tonight is the Fall Festival at the trio's school. Should be fun. Sean has been at work since 11 this morning, so hopefully he will get home in time to go.

5 comments:

Lura said...

Maybe Luke will be better when Lochlyn gets home from vacation next week! You can call me you know....unless you're mad at me....

I can't imagine being an elementary school teacher.

Cheryl said...

I hope Luke isn't in too much trouble! I'm sure you had lots of fun tonight!

Why are you mad a Lura?

Amanda said...

I AM NOT MAD AT LURA!!!!

kellerie said...

are you mad at me?

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh girl!

I thought I had my hands full with 3 kids!

I see some of the kids in my 3rd graders class and wonder how someone can have the patience to work with kids! LOL!