Tuesday, May 25, 2010

McBride Arboretum

Running back to the car
Trying to spy fish

Too close to the edge for my comfort!!

Johnny and Luke wanted to pose with the woman's picture that the terrace was named after.



If you look close enough you can see the fish. They thought we had food and kept coming up to the surface.



I said if we are quiet we can sneak up and see the geese up close. So the kids took off running and honking.

Poking the frog.

This guy was HUGE!!!!!


I took my 4 and my sister's 2 to Firelands last week to walk around the Arboretum. The flowers were not blooming yet and it still looked bare, but it was a gorgeous day and we had a fun time walking around the lake seeing fish, geese, and the biggest frog I have ever seen outside of the zoo!
I am looking forward to this fall when they have a garden day where there are artists set up all over painting and we do a nature scavenger hunt. The kids enjoy it so much.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That looks like a fun place.

Very cute pics, as always!

I had to look at the last pic a few times before I realized it was a big frog...I thought it was an owl at first.