Thursday, December 14, 2006

I don't get it...

I have written 2 entries and thought I posted both of them. I also posted several pictures...where are they? I just don't get this at all...how long did it take all of you wonderful readers to get the hang of blogs?

Tonight I gave the triplets a bath after dinner. There is usually a lot of splashing and jumping so I get wet. But tonight I got hit with a fountain - courtesy of Jonathan who was holding himself above the water. Before I could stop him he tinkled in his face and then laughed and did it again!!! Then I look to the end of the tub where Luke is standing up using the foam shapes as targets! He stuck them to the wall and was tinkling on them to knock them off! Caitlin found this all to be so funny and was encouraging them to "Tinkle More!!!" She then grabbed the shampoo cup and held it against herself to try and tinkle into it. Needless to say bathtime ended quickly.

Caitlin practiced her art earlier this week by fingerpainting with bubblegum scented pink toothpaste in the sink. I didn't realize how hard it was to wash out toothpaste, especially off of hands. The downstairs bath still reeks of bubblegum. I caught Luke scrubbing the toilet with Sean's toothbrush (Yes I told Sean) and Jonathan has been enjoying the fun of falling into the Christmas tree. Stop laughing Kellie!

Gabe just went to bed with a horrible tantrum - because I made him lay in his bed. He finds everything I do unfair and I am at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions? Anyone?

5 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

I wish I could give you advice but parenting is so indiviual, I am learning. All I can say is whatever you decide, be consistent from the day you start it. It works beautifully for Steve and I. Sammy understands that we mean business the moment we spout out something. A thought might be for you to sit down with him and discuss what IS fair. Take turns giving things in your life that is fair. You could say "having a great son named Gabe is fair", he then could say "having 5 days off of school is fair...etc. It might work. Sammy loves to talk so he likes stuff like that.

Crystal said...

Sorry, but I am still laughing too hard about your post that I can't think right now!!! LOL My gosh, that was just hilarious! I was picturing everything your were describing! All I can say is that It's great that someone with such a great sense of humor was blessed with triplets! It will take you far in the journey of raising them! I'm still crackin up!

Lura said...

Ummmmmm......

kellerie said...

i spent the weekend with my 3 year old telling me that i was unfair. so, when you figure out the answer, please let me know!

Char said...

Ok, unfair! I agree with Sonya - stay consistant. You know, life isn't always fair, SO WHAT, GET OVER IT! haha! It's true though and I would rather they learn that life isn't fair now then learn it when they are grown. The trick is making it seem like it's ok that life isn't always fair, without causing bitterness. You don't want to be mean about it, but it is true, we don't always want to do what we have to do. I tell my boys that all the time! A good quote I use on Jacob is "Sometimes there is nothing you can do but suffer through it!"
Does he share a room with the triplets or have his own room? If it is a bed time thing and he has his own room, maybe it'd be ok if he sat up awhile and played quietly on his bed. Maybe he needs a little more wind down time. He could read quietly or something. Give him a little time to relax and settle down, have some time alone and just calm down. The rule is though, that he has to stay on his bed and stay quiet, or you won't allow him to do it the next night (or something like that).
Hope some of this helps! Jacob was and still is a challenge to raise! Consistency is the key though and even though it sucks sometimes to follow thru with things, eventually it does work! :) Good luck!