Sunday, January 3, 2010

Positivity & Me!!!

I am going to be a more positive person this year. Tomorrow we start Harris Healthy Eating and Allover Wellness 2010. I am involving the kids in meal planning and they are excited. We are really going to work together as a family. I have a pair of black pants in my closet that are my first goal pants. I can't wait to post a picture of me wearing them on here!! That is my motivation for this first part. I also have a shirt that I bought two years ago to wear to the summer party that has never fit. That is going to be a goal too, but I think more like the 3rd or 4th. I am going to be journaling a lot more to try and work through the depression I am struggling with. It has been a very rough few weeks, topped off with the disclosure that my grandpa has Parkinson's disease. Apparantly this has been known for sometime, just not by me!
I finally had talked to my mom about the way my grandfather has been acting - there was an incident on Christmas Eve and also the following Sunday. My mom hadn't noticed it, but listened and said she would keep an ear open. We had a good conversation, and she actually listened.
I really want to change this year. Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually. I want to be a better wife, mother, friend, daughter. I want to like myself again.

3 comments:

kellerie said...

good for you! I'm here if you need any help, and so is Trainer Tanis!

Lura said...

Ditto!

Cheryl said...

you are awesome but if you want to be better than go for it!! I have started trying to be good again too. At this point my summer party isn't looking good but I will make it!!!