Thursday, January 28, 2010

God's Hands


I am at a point in my life where I need to make a decision and I am stuck. I am completely lost as to what I need to and/or want to do. I am just about done with my course (I am stuck on the last 2 projects and spent an hour sobbing about it yesterday.) and need to look into a job. Yesterday as I was talking to Sean I told him I feel completely unprepared. I haven't retained much information nor do I feel like I got much out of the class. I am a hands on learner and this didn't provide that opportunity. I would be lost if you put me in front of a computer with Excel or Powerpoint and said to use it. But this is what I had to do. We couldn't afford any other option. To take the class through a school it was $735 a month and I didn't qualify for financial aid because there were not enough hours.
We have since found some resources out there that might help us with the cost and Sean wants me to look at taking a course through the school again. A big part of me wants to and is excited at the idea of it, but a part feels it would be selfish and a mistake. I would be spending about a year in school to get the certfication I need.
I am at a loss. I am trying so hard to put it in God's hands, but don't know how.

7 comments:

Char said...

Good luck with deciding what you should do!!!

Carrie said...

You need to surrender to him. Pray and tell God that it's all in his hands. You have to completely surrender...he will get you through.

Cheryl said...

if you have studied the basics I am sure you retained more info than you think. And any job you would get would train you on what was needed int hat job. I think you only lack the confidence. You are smart, and nice and pretty. you can do anything you put your mind too. Just believe in yourself!! Whichever way you decide to go you'll do great!!

kellerie said...

don't feel bad. Out of all the college and masters classes that I've had, very few actually taught me specific stuff that I could use. You're smart, you'll be able to pick up what you need at whatever job you get. Just believe in yourself! And if you want refresher on computer programs, Brian and I are here to help.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I am sure it is hard to figure it all out. I am sure you know way more than you think. Praying for God's guidance.

Char said...

What did you decide?

SamandSawyersMom said...

yeah?