Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some People Stink

Many of you may have noticed my angry Facebook status yesterday. I wanted to tell you what happened.
Sean called me from work last night. His friend Kathy had been looking at the local newspapers website. On it people can form a screen name and comment anonymously on articles. She had discovered that someone was using the screen name Jerry E------- (my maiden name) is dead.
Why? Why on earth would someone do that? It is neither funny nor appropriate. I don't understand.
I immediately called my sister who had just discovered it herself. We didn't want my mom to see it - that was our main concern. Thankfully my brother in law was being sworn in for city council last night which was covered by the local media. Amy was able to speak with someone from the paper who apologized and said it would be removed asap. When she checked at 8 this morning it was gone.
Do people not realize that writing things like that is hurtful? My father was a well known member of the community and I know made some enemies over the years, but come on!
Some people need to get a clue and think of how their actions will affect others.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW, you have got to be kidding me. How rude!! I can NOT believe someone would do that!!!

Carrie said...

I am so sorry. People are jerks and so inconsiderate. I am glad it was removed and no one does that again. I saw your FB status, but I didn't want to intrude. Glad you shared it on here.

Char said...

Sorry about that. That was very rude and you have every right to be upset. Sorry.

Jamie said...

Oh Amanda, I can not even believe that. I'm so sorry. I will never, ever understand why people do the things they do. I just don't get it. Wow, that is just unbelievable.

SamandSawyersMom said...

That is just so sick. I am mean how can someone even think of that? I am so sorry!~