Sunday, December 20, 2009

Our Terrific Saturday!!!!!!

The first three pics are out of order, but I couldn't figure out how to move them!! Cheryl and me! Our farewell shot, of course taken by ourselves!
So Cheryl is sporting the huge hat and I'm the one getting the look by the lady in the background?

I managed to take this photo while going backwards down the escalator without causing injury to myself or those around me!

Giddy with excitement in the car on the way down.

Sean was thrilled that I kept taking pictures to document our excitement.


When I had said on FB that I sounded like Bea Arthur, Kevin said "that's funny - I woke up looking like Johnny Depp!" This was how I was greeted by him.


I had asked if they were going to wear the puckhat so we would know it was them. We thought it was an amazing coincidence to see some kid wearing a puckhat! We are so quick to catch on....


Lunch was a bit loud, not from us but from the lovely purple haired singer in the lobby. We enjoyed chatting over yummy food and getting to know each other.


This was the coolest fountain I had ever seen! You could push on the ball and it rotated!

Me and Ryan. I have never eaten in a restaurant with such a well behaved child!



Me and Kevin. Not the most flattering shot of me, but Kevin looks great!
Ryan was devastated to see me go. He is hiding the tears here - can't you tell!!

Saturday was a great day! After 2 years we finally got to meet Cheryl, Kevin, and Ryan. We had planned on it for about 2 months, so the excitement had been building! I was a bundle of nerves - I worried so much that they would think I was a big dork (I think they did, but I think they were okay with it ;) ) and they would wonder why they wasted their time driving all they way to Columbus! Well my nervousness was unwarranted, I had a ball. Cheryl is as sweet and fun in person as she is online and Kevin is one of the funniest people I have ever met! My only complaint was the fact I was sick :( and didn't feel 100%. Well that and the American Idol Reject singing outside the restaurant! I think Cheryl secretly loved her singing. We talked and laughed over lunch, wandered through the mall and then went to Toys R Us and did some shopping. I wish we had longer to spend together, but look forward to many more visits in the future! Including the swim in your sweatsuit party!!! I love you, Cheryl and Kevin and am so glad we finally got to meet!!!!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I don't know what was worse the ladies singing or her nasty purple ratty hair!! We were thrilled to meet you. Amanda is so funny and Sean is too sweet. The only reason you didn't hurt yourself taking the backwards picture was because Sean held on to you!! We saw the crash cart at Meijer, too cute hope you find it up there!!

Cheryl said...

Anyone who knows my child will think you are sooooo lying about him being well behaved during our meal!!

Char said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a great time!! I'm glad you finally met.
Merry Christmas.

Carrie said...

Looks like you all had a fun time together! Cute pictures too.