Saturday, March 24, 2007

The ups man hates me...

So I ordered some new clothes from Penneys. They carry tall pants, which I need, but they don't carry Big foot shoes. My jeans had worn through the seat so much that 3 weeks ago they completely split out. Thankfully I was at home when it happened. Sean seems to like the look, but I think that I would be arrested for indecent exposure and scaring children (and adults).
Anyways, they were supposed to be here mid-week and still aren't. We have seen the UPS man twice, but no clothes. My children need their medicine, so I am glad he came, but I was so excited when I saw the brown truck pull up out front. Ask Lura....I was devestated each time! I guess I have a thing with any type of mail, again, Lura can vouch. Am I pathetic or what? I am tired of wearing shirts tied around my waist, did that look go out in the 80's?

I took the trio to McDonald's yesterday. Gabe went to Jim's Pizza Box with my sis, so I begged my mom to go with me. They did well, except for lots of time in the bathroom. Not just to tinkle, but to use the auto hand dryer! We did have 5 tinkles so I was tickled. Caitlin sat down on one of the trips and scooted all the way to the back of the potty. I told her to move forward some, but the auto flush went off and she shot off the toilet yelling "I don't have to go anymore!!!!" It was so funny!
Speaking of tinkling...WE ARE FINALLY POTTY TRAINED!!!!!!!!
I am so incredibly relieved and happy. We were buying three jumbo packs of pull ups a week, or one big Sam's club box. They have not worn them for 5 days, including bedtime and with the exception of a few accidents, wake up dry! Yay!!!

Luke made me laugh hysterically today. My sister would have been totally disgusted. I can't wait to tell her! He walked naked into our bedroom after going potty holding and squeezing his privates. "I feel little balls in there!" is what he told us. Sean tried to explain that they are testicles. Luke said, "I have testy balls?" That started a lengthy conversation on who had them and who didn't. Caitlin examined herself and was slightly disappointed. It was too funny.

Caitlin goes to the ENT on Wednesday, which is also our 9 year anniversary! The ped. thinks it is time to take out her tonsils. I wish they could have done it at the same time as the eye surgery. I hate for her to have to go through this again so soon. Not only are they swollen side to side, but back to front. Her throat is almost completely closed off and her sleep apnea from the enlarged tonsils is getting worse. Thankfully she isn't scared of doctor's or surgery yet.

Sean is in the upstairs bathroom putting the new light and fan in. He is grumbling to himself and every once in a while I hear the word electrocution. Should I be worried?!

I have to go back to work cleaning. I think I have spent about 40 minutes total today doing that and I was planning on the whole day. Ugh.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Amanda, your life is so humorous, I thinks it's because you make it that way! I laughed out loud about the testy balls.....that is great!!! LOL

Char said...

Oh wow! That has to be scary for you to listen to her breath. I hope all goes well.
I love our UPS man! There are a couple of them that are so nice and awesome. There is one lady that sometimes comes that isn't all that nice.
Glad you guys are finally potty trained. That has to be a huge relief not to have to buy diapers ever again.
Gotta love the testy balls! I remember Travis saying goofy things about his testy balls too. He is so much more aware of his body and body parts than Jacob ever was or still is!

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh you are too funny. i loved the line about sean liking the torn pants...that is when i laughed.

i hope your pants come soon

tell me there is no okie dokie in that box???