Thursday, November 5, 2009

:o)

I am blessed everyday. I have a wonderful family, better friends than anyone could ask for, a husband who loves me despite my many flaws, sticky kisses from my kids, etc. Every morning when I wake up I should count all the blessings before I get out of bed. Blessings aren't always material items as my list shows, but today I was blessed with a wonderful gift. A friend of my mom's sent over a beautiful red London Fog trench coat for me. She had bought it and never worn it.
Now coats are so hard for me to find. My monkey arms never fit the sleeves, the coat is usually to short and the shoulder span not ample. The woman who sent this coat is shorter than me and thinner, so I thought there was no prayer. It fit perfect in every way. It is beautiful!!
This is neat for a couple of reasons. For the past few years I have worn an old jacket of my dad's during the winter. It is not a winter coat, just a rain jacket, but it is all I had that fit. Plus I like wearing it because it reminds me of my dad. But it was not warm or stylish - not that I minded because it was dad's. Sean always felt bad on Sunday mornings because I had to wear it to church. I didn't mind, but he wanted me to have something pretty. Second, when my aunt Pat died I started wearing a red car coat of hers. I loved it and wore it until everything ripped and could no longer be sewn. I hated getting rid of it, but it was too worn to save. I have not found a red coat since then that fit or that I liked.
I am so tickled and I immediately sent a thank you note to her for her kindness. Her timing couldn't have been better! God does provide!!!

4 comments:

kellerie said...

you do not have monkey arms!!

I can't wait to see you in your stylish new red coat :)

Carrie said...

Post a picture please! It sounds lovely.

Cheryl said...

let's see a pic!!!

Char said...

The coat sounds awesome! I'm so glad it fits well and you got one.