Monday, December 10, 2007

whoa.....

What is this? I can actually post? I am not sure how this one happened. Maybe my luck is changing. I am just kind of in shock right now!
We had a busy weekend. Saturday we went to the Harris/Cardman and co. Holiday Party. It was a lot of fun. A lot of people. The kids played games and got lots of presents and then the grown ups played pictionary. I won the game for my team with a great drawing for Circus. Okay, it wasn't really great, but it still let us win! There was a ton of food and I went off my restricted diet a little. I am not even suffering for it! I took a lot of pictures, so did the kids. I have about 35 pictures of people's stomachs and the ceiling!
Sunday we played hookey from church and slept in. That afternoon I was a volunteer at Gingerfest from 1:30 - 4:00. It is a Christmas party put on by a local man and his wife that is just amazing. LOGOS kids were free, so Gabe didn't have to pay and everyone else was just a dollar! I took Gabe and Sean stayed home with the trio. They had games, crafts, cookie decorating, writing to and visiting Santa....it was really neat. Kellie and Tanis were there and I think Tanis enjoyed himself. Gabe came home with a paper grocery bag filled to the top with goodies. He loved it!
Last night I was up with Luke who wasn't feeling well and vomitted a couple times. So I went to bed at 4:30 and got up at 7:00 to get clothes out for the kids. Sean got them dressed and off to school so I relazed but couldn't go back to sleep. I have been cleaning and doing laundry. Luke is feeling better, playing in the playroom right now and convinced that he owns a magic wand! The good thing about staying up was I got a fleece Cleveland Indians blanket sewn and beaded for my sister and bro in law. It is about 4 1/2 feet x 7 1/2 feet. I think it looks really cool. Tonight I am working on 2 fire truck blankets. Thanks for the phone help Vic!
I need to go and get ready to pick the kiddos up at school. I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy this real post!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we see some pictures? Glad you had a fun weekend.

Lura said...

whoo hoo, you can post!

Carrie said...

I can't believe it either! A real post!! I hope your kiddos all feel better.
Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!

Cheryl said...

WOW a real post, very impressive. hope you finally get some sleep. The Gingerbread thing sounds great! I just love Christmas activities and parties! Such fun.

Jamie said...

The Christmas activities sound so wonderful. We've done a few things, but we're saving most of it for next week when Steve will be off. He'll be off from December 15 until the New Year. So we'll do lots of fun things then!

By the way, the present you gave me is sitting under my tree, awaiting Christmas morning!! I didn't peek, I promise!!

I hope you have a great day!!

Crystal said...

Sounds like you have been doing some fun things!!! That's great!

Ooops, I already opened my present from you......I didn't know we were supposed to wait!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

kellerie said...

gingerfest was amazing - i couldn't believe all the stuff they had to do there. tanis loved it, and especially liked that he got to see gabe there.

Char said...

Wow, that's great you can post now!! woohoo