Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Afternoon at the hospital

I have a child actually laying still! This is a huge deal for me. He has been up and running around as far as his oxygen tube will let him - sometimes farther too! Yesterday he spent a lot of time hiding in the little closet, today he has been making a fort out of the curtains and hiding from people. So far his oxygen level is stable. I am awaiting semi patiently the next reading.
We had a bout of vomitting earlier which meant Johnny got to take a shower. He sprayed down the whole bathroom with the hose. He is keeping the staff entertained. Not so much his mother!
I have been trying really hard to keep my sense of humor about things...most of the time I am succeeding and others, well..... I am worried about my little boy, worried about finances, where we are going to live, winter's coming and that brings a whole nother group of worries. I know we will be fine. I just think that being here is giving me too much time to think about our situation. I am trying not to pity myself (that does no good, although I usually end up laughing rather than pitying) I am trying to be realistic about things and that can get depressing!

My mom is coming to stay with Johnny tonight while I take Gabe to soccer and spend a little one on one with him. I have already had time with Luke and Caitlin today so I am getting a little time with all my kiddos. I will look for the cable to download pics when I run home. I have some nice ones of me and Johnny that we took ourselves. Oh boy.

Have a peachy day!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am sorry that you are stuck in the hospital with a sick kiddo, but one on one time with the kids must be nice. And you can actually blog!! I hope he is feeling better. I know the situation may look bleak but it will go up from here. We all love and support you.

Jamie said...

I hope you can get out of there soon, although I think the staff may miss you!! Keep your chin up, it's all gonna work out eventually!!

Carrie said...

Where else would you rather be than with your baby? I know you have 3 other babies to take care of, so I hope you get some relief soon and are able to divide your time with them all for your sake...still praying for you.