Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I don't want to be a hypocrite....







Is that what I would be?? I can't very well complain about how blogworld is and then do nothing about it myself. So here is a newsy post.
As I type this I am multitasking. Doing laundry, cleaning, and yelling at the triplets to go to bed!!! They are in there yaking away to each other. Caitlin is refusing to sleep in her own room again, so she bunks with the boys. Why did we even bother giving her her own room? Bedtime has been driving me nuts. I think I am just so worn out by the end of the day that I have no patience left.
I hope you all saw the great pics on Facebook of my day with Lura. Our tradition is to go out on each others birthdays, or close to it, and spend the day together. We started this year at Panera for breakfast and had delicious pastries and bagels. Then we began the great Thriftapalooza. I made out big at the first one as I found 2 Charlie Bone books for 76 cents apiece!! I am building that collection for Gabe (and myself!) I also got the trio some books. Then we went on to our favorite stop, Faroah's chocolates. We got our 12 pieces and enjoyed them throughout the rest of the day and also got a few goodies to take home. I personally loved the chocolate covered potato chips! On we went to the waterfront, stopped at a park for some photos, and then parked the car to walk a bit. We stopped in the alley for the traditional shot and then went into the wooden apple. Kind of an indoor small flea market. I don't think either of us were successful here and the people were kind of creepy. Next was The Salvation Army thrift store and then TGIFriday's for lunch and laughter. We made stops at the Huron Goodwill, Lake Erie, and Norwalk GW. I got Caitlin a huge purple feather boa and Jasmine high heeled shoes which she adores! It is always so sad when the day ends because we have a ball and enjoy just being dorks together.
Oh~exciting news......Sandusky is finally getting a Sonic!! I am thrilled for the happy hour diet cokes!!!!
Today I went to Sandusky to go to the Red Raven bookstore which is closing at the end of the month. I guess the owners are moving to Florida and opening a dog grooming business. Kind of a drastic career change! They had thousands of books in boxes and bins and you filled a bag for $4.oo. I found 2 more Charlie Bone books, several kid early readers, and about 8 books for myself. I could have spent hours going through the boxes. It was so unorganized, but treasures were hidden I am sure!
I had a clutzy moment last week. Anyone surprised? I went out to get the paper and was walking back to the house reading the front page. Apparantly this was a bad idea because I kicked the step and broke my middle toe on my left foot. It hurt! Sean was a little low in the sympathy department on that one. It feels much better now and the swelling has gone down a lot.
Victoria's little girl, Gretchen, turned one yesterday. It seems impossible to me that she is that old already! Time has just flown. She is a beautiful little girl and I have loved getting to watch her grow from the start. Vic and Tim moved shortly after the twins were born and Andrew was born in Willoughby, so I missed out on their early years. I am so glad to get to be here for Gretchen's! What a blessing she is.
Gabe is in the 5th and 6th grade drama club and they are performing The Jungle Book on Tuesday. This is his first time ever in a play, with the exception of church, and I am so excited for him! He is in the elephant troop. I can't wait!!
He also has started orthodontics. Right now he has an expander that Sean turns with a key each day and a bite block. You can't really understand him too well and he drools constantly! He is pretty miserable, but we keep reminding him that it will all be worth it. He has had some bleeding between the two front teeth which I imagine is from the shifting and lots of achiness. The dr. said he expects this process to last 5 months.
The trio are growing like weeds and making me nutsy. They need spring to get here so they can play outside!!
I have much more to say, but laundry is calling.....

4 comments:

Char said...

Um, i'm not sure what the first commenter was trying to say, but I think I agree with them. Hm.

I'm sure Caitlin will want to be away from her brothers one of these days, so enjoy the time when they want to be together. haha.
Your day with Lura sounds like a ton of fun. She told me all about it and the weirdo people. I will have to go to that chocolate place some time and have choc. covered potato chips. I think I'd like them.
Yippee on the Sonic! We have one really close to our house that we love to stop at in the summer. I love their sweet raspberry tea. Mmm!
Sounds like you got some good deals on books lately. I got all my Charlie Bone books from either garage sales or half price books.
By the time Gabe starts school next year he should have that stuff out of his mouth then, if it's only 6 months. I can't imagine, but I do know others who have had the same thing done and it is painful and uncomfortable.
That's great he is in a play! Really great!! Good luck Gabe!
Have a great day - love the nice long post with pictures. :)

Cheryl said...

wow, pretty comment!

nice newsy post!! I am glad you and Lura had fun, I enjoyed your pics. I have been trying to post more since your other post. It just seems no one reads them anymore. I have tons of pics and things to post! I will post again today! Have a great day! Hope the toe feels better!

Carrie said...

Chocolate covered potato chips? HMMM....I'd have to try those.
Your day with Lura sounds like a lot of fun. What a nice way to spend your special days together.

Teknik Informatika said...

How is the author multitasking while writing the post, and what household activities are mentioned? and Why is bedtime driving the author nuts, according to the post?
Greting Telkom University