Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not my list of facinating facts.....


Hi guys. The trio is driving me nuts. I know, what's new.... Today was day 3 of VBS. The kids are loving it and my 4 have memorized all the songs. It is such a cool theme, Sonworld Adventure. Today Caitlin wore a spiderman mask the whole time. I finished my research paper while they were gone and now I just have to do the footnotes.

Sean has completed his parents porch with the exception of the concrete slab for the base of the stairs. He mixed, poured and carried over 700 pounds of concrete yesterday. He was tired! This was after a physically exhausting 8 hours of work in NO air!!! He is an amazing man.

Gabe had his last t-ball game on Monday and did well. He was mentioned in the paper for 3 singles! I can't wait to show him. Our friend Mr. G took Gabe and his grandson to the railroad museum and then swimming last friday. He had such a great time. Mr. and Mrs. G have been friends of our family for over 30 years and Mr. G and my dad did grandpa stuff together with Gabe and Mark, like riding the train to Tower City at Christmas and fishing. Thankfully Mr. G has continued that with Gabe so he gets that special time, even though it isn't with his grandpa. They have adjusted Gabe's ADHD medicine for about the 15th time and I think they have finally got the right combination. He is improving, slowly but surely.
Yesterday the kids and I spent the afternoon at my sister's. We played on the trampoline, had water gun and water ballon fights and played games. The kids had a great time. It is nice that the cousins are close in age. They are all old enough now that they can play and get along (for the most part.) Amy and I had a nice visit too.
I am on a mission to lose 10 lbs. before Kellie's party, and it all has to come from my stomach. I have the perfect shirt to wear that I love - and it will hide my arm fat and keep it from knocking anyone out in the bounce house....- but it is too snug around the belly. The other alternative is cutting it up the sides and making huge slits up to my boobs, but that might be a bit too sexy for a family friendly party. I think the spandex mini skirt will be risque enough! Just kidding!
We had a fun time playing at Kellie's house last week. The kids slip n slided and swam and Kellie and I pretty much refereed them and didn't sit much. But, they had fun. I wish there was a way to hide their hose though! Maybe that is a thought for next weekend, Kellie!
We bought our third washing machine of our 10 year marriage last week. The old one, which was two or three years old went caput! I have been trying to catch up on laundry all week and still have a ton to go.
Sean's grandmother is not doing well. They are moving her back to the hospital because her feet are turning black. Not a good sign. She is also undergoing extensive chemo because they THINK her cancer has returned. They are not sure, they just think. I question the logic behind that decision.
I need to go change for my appt. and get the kids ready to drop at Sean's parents. Have a good one. FEEL BETTER CRYSTAL!!!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well good luck on the weight loss. I wish I could come to Kellie's party! the pictures from last year looked awesome!! I hope you are feeling better. You sound a little better, is that possible in typing, well it must be because you do. Poor Sean I hope he has some time to rest now. Good job on the paper, that must be a relief! Have a great day!!!

Crystal said...

Thanks Manda Panda!!! I am feeling much better now! I love the pic of the kids, they are all getting so grown up looking! wow! I wish I could come to Kellie's party too, I'd love to see all of you. Hope you are doing well! Love ya!