Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am going nutsy! The kids are really testing me today. Actually the past few days. I am ready to lock myself in the bathroom with diet coke and chocolate and not come out until tomorrow! Unfortunately I can't do that as I have to kids to take to the doctor. My two asthmatics. We are nervous as August/September are Johnny's trigger months - we still don't know what it is that triggers him either. Last year he had a weeklong hospitalization each month. Ugh. Please keep them in your prayers.
They are repaving our street so the kids have had the entertainment of the street ripper uppers going by. It is pretty smelly work! I am not sure I would ever burn asphalt scented candles. The candle lady that was at Lura's would probably sell them! She sold burning embers. P-U!
I have actually cooked the past two days. Oven on and all. Call me crazy - we have no air conditioning and it gets hot in the kitchen! That will be a requirement for our rental. Central Air. We are supposed to live somewhere with it anyways due to the 3 people with asthma in this family! (Sean has it too). We have a window ac in the living room so we have been camping out downstairs all summer. It is over 90 degrees upstairs and pretty unbearable! I would never make it living in Pheonix!
I read an excellent book that I recommend to anyone looking for one. It was Saturday's at Tiffanys by James Patterson. It is not his typical work, more a romance. I cried!!!! I think anyone who likes heartfelt stories would love it! Now I am wondering if it was Saturday's or Sunday's - one or the other!
I hope that you all have a great day! I am thinking of all of you (Especially those of you with stinky noses and less colons than others!)
Oh- The trio's party is Saturday at 5:00 at my mom's. They have decided on a firetruck cake (with a hose and we have to sing Happy Birthday like sirens per Luke's instructions!), a princess cake and a Dr. Trippe cake. Dr. Trippe is their pediatrician and Johnny wants a cake that looks like him. It's a step up from the wheelchair cake! I guess.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh your kids crack me up! They are very creative like their mama! Oh and thanks for the smelly nose shout out!!! I still have an elephant living in my nose.....I wish he'd move out already!!! It's so gross! I'm excited that you have more time in your house, that is soo God! Gosh, I sure could use a visit with you!

Cheryl said...

Oh I love love love James Patterson books. I haven't read that one yet. I will pray for all of you and the up coming trigger months. Good luck at the doctors. I have had those lock yourself with chocolate days, we all have. Try to get few minutes to yourself!

Char said...

Yep, we've all been there - when the kids drive you nutsy! :) Go have that chocolate and coke! You deserve it! Have a couple cokes and a bag of chocolate!

I bet the asphalt smells awful! I remember when they did our driveway out front. Ugh! Smelly!

Hope the doctors appointment goes well and that your asthma family doesn't suffer too much over the next few months.
Maybe i'll check out the James Patterson book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Have a great birthday party! We'll be up celebrating Zays!

Lura said...

Can I come in the bathroom with you?

How come you didn't mention that you cooked rotten hamburgers as one of your meals?

Carrie said...

I was reading your post quickly and had to re read the part about the paving of your street. I thought you wrote "the kids are being entertained by the strippers going up and down the street"

You really wrote the street ripper uppers.

Debby said...

Thanks Amanda, I think I am the only one with less colon then the rest of you. I am doing a lot better. It has been 5 weeks today!! I am expected to be 100% in a week. I can do it! I am almost there. It is crazy how sometihng as stupid as surgery upsets your whole life for weeks.