Wednesday, February 7, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LURA!!!!







I consider myself to be very lucky. I am blessed with some of the best friends in the world. Lura is one of those people who are a rare find. I cannot imagine not having her in my life, or my children's life. She is loved by all, especially my ENTIRE family. They affectionately refer to her as Lura-Honey, which I believe was started by my father. My grandparents don't know her by any other name!



We have been friends since the Little Red Schoolhouse and I feel secure in saying we will be friends forever! Few people have had the fun we have, and without the aid of alcohol or illegal drugs!



Our friendship has lasted despite Oatmeal Cream pies, Kool-aid shoes, Wrestlerettes, distance and disagreements. Lura was with me almost daily during my first pregnancy and was there for the birth of Gabriel. Even though she dropped my leg I can't imagine a better back up coach!



I have become more comfortable with myself because of Lura. She has made some of the worst situations more bearable. The "this is my costume t-shirt" and being a shoulder to cry on during some of the roughest moments of my life. When I was being wheeled out for the triplet's c-section and scared out of my mind, the phone rang and there was Lura just to say "I love you and everything will be alright." But that's Lura. Always there. God blessed me so much when He brought us together that day at the Little red schoolhouse and I hope that He continues to bless me with this friendship. Happy Birthday Lura.




The picture with the toilet paper is Matthew, Kellie and I toilet papering Lura's room for her birthday in high school. I am the goofy looking one! There is also the famed Little Red Schoolhouse picture. The kissing picture (sometime Lura or I will have to post that story) is L - R Kristy, Victoria, Julie, Tiffanie, Amanda and Lura.

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

I hate to break it to you Amanda, but you are not LUCKY. You may be blessed, honored and fornutate but you are not LUCKY!!!
I am jealous because when I say I love you to Lura, she says "right back at ya!" You must be special...but we already knew that!!

Amanda said...

Ha!Ha!

kellerie said...

please, never show our children the toilet paper picture!!!!(at least, not until we show them the proper technique!)

Lura said...

I'm not worthy. But thank you!

Crystal said...

Wow, I really have to meet that girl, EVERYONE loves her!

Char said...

Really! I mean, jeeze! This girl must be totally awesome!

Crystal said...

Gimme a P O S T

Crystal said...

Amanda, I miss you! I hope everything is okay!